This is a time of year where our “tinsel” gets tangled and can make the holidays a challenging time for leaders, entrepreneurs and frankly, anyone!
Stress rules the day as we go, go, go and take precious little time for ourselves. Self care is critical at this time of year and the more you listen to your Intuitive Inner Guidance System, the more relaxed and in control you will fell. Bottom line, YOU need to make this choice to take control of your life with preparation and tuning in to what is important to do and what you can let go of. The more stress resilient you are, the healthier you are, and the more you can enjoy life, family, your work and….drum roll…..the holidays.
Below is a short stress meditation to help you make the upcoming holiday season special!
QUICK SHIFT HOLIDAY MEDITATION BY TERRY WILDEMANN
1. SETUP: Shift attention to your chest area.
2. BREATHE: Place your hand over your heart area. Imagine your hand acting like an air pump guiding each deep breath in and out of your hand. Relax your body with each breath.
3. VISUALIZE: Imagine your holiday gatherings as you would like for them to be. Feel it, hear it, sense it, see it in your mind’s eye. Own the entire experience. You may say, “I don’t know how to visualize.” If that is the case, what comes to mind when you read the words “christmas tree?” The impression you “see” is how you visualize. This is what you work with.
CHOOSE to see yourself calm, centered, grounded.
CHOOSE to have everything fall into place. If something goes differently than expected, allow it in with grace and ease as it probably means something better is coming.
CHOOSE to delegate instead of doing it all yourself – we are our own worst enemy because we want things PERFECT – nix that idea folks right now… your perfection tendencies creates more stress for everyone and feelings of EXCLUSION instead of INCLUSION. Instead choose EXCELLENCE which allows freedom and flexibility. There is none with perfection.
4. ASK: Work with Practical Law of Attraction by using intention and ASKing the UNIVERSE, and others, for what you want help with. Then get out of the way and allow things to fall into place and flow.
5. ASK for help. (Stop playing martyr, which many of us do, thinking that we need to do it all) Establish your boundaries and do what feels right to you and let go of misplaced guilt.
6. CHOOSE to enjoy the season, be healthy and let go of others opinions. Be true to you!